Full time 40 hours a week
The Center Coordinator supports and assists the center and staff, manages the general office and facility, manages volunteers, and provides general information and assistance to the public. The Coordinator performs the day-to-day duties of visitor engagement operations to ensure an overall positive, welcoming, enriching, and safe experience to all of our program participants, visitors, and guests. The Coordinator also helps to provide facility management and oversight to maintain the general appearance and safety of the Center and grounds.
Visitor and Center Services
● Be responsible for opening and closing the center during open hours, answer phones and the info@ email mailbox and manage outgoing phone messages.
● Provide excellent customer service while greeting and registering visitors in person and by phone and in general introducing visitors to the Hitchcock Center and about programs and events.
● Provide orientation to the Center’s state-of-the-art Living Building and direct visitors throughout the Outdoor Learning Spaces and trail systems.
● Monitor the teaching animals and be comfortable introducing them to visitors and program participants.
● Observe and facilitate center activity and help support public programs, troubleshoot and address visitor problems and concerns
● Recruit, train and supervise office volunteers.
● Provide backup website and communication support as needed.
● Manage Facility Rental – facilitate rentals and arrange for staffing if needed and put rentals into the calendar.
● Maintain order and cleanliness of the visitor center and overall building, grounds and nature play areas.
● Manage, update users, and troubleshoot office and building equipment and systems.
● Order and maintain office and program supplies – office/bathroom/general/ program and keep office supplies and copy room stocked and organized.
● Arrange building inspections – Coordinate mowing and cleaning contracts and annual building inspections – Town of Amherst, Sprinkler system, fire alarm, fire extinguishers.
● Proven experience as coordinator or relevant position
● Must have great communication skills, verbal and written
● Strong organizational and multitasking skills, be both big picture and detail oriented.
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● Ability to thrive in a team environment
● Tech savvy
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary Range $37,440 – $41,600. The total compensation package includes health insurance and generous paid time off benefits.
ABOUT THE HITCHCOCK CENTER:
The Hitchcock Center for the Environment, founded in 1962, connects people with nature and encourages a deeper bond with the natural world that sustains us all. Through educational programs that offer a particular focus on children, the Center helps to develop a community that understands connections among human health, ecosystems and economies. Our mission is to educate and to inspire action for a healthy planet. We envision a world where people, communities and ecosystems thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to adapting our operations and programs to create a relevant, meaningful, and inclusive culture where all are welcomed, supported, and engaged. This includes increasing the diversity of our Board, staff, and volunteers to be responsive to the communities we serve.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 25th.
The Hitchcock Center for the Environment aspires to create and sustain an organization-wide culture that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion and sees them as essential to our organization’s mission and continued excellence. Through strategic initiatives and partnerships, program design and delivery, volunteer recruitment and staff hires, stewardship and development, and continual education, the board and staff are working to build a more representative, equitable, and inclusive Center. Learn more…